At our company sustainability is an intrinsic value, and proof of this is found in the following:
- Our long-term commitment, meaning we are capable of satisfying the needs of the present moment without committing those of the future.
- Our business strategy, which is respectful with the environment and transparent as to the relationship with clients, suppliers, competitors, people and, in short, society at large.
- And our business and technical initiatives.
- The implantation of a compulsory Code of Ethics
- The joining of the UN Global Compact, with the commitment to respect the ten principles concerning Human Rights, Labour Rights, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
The membership of Ceflex, an organisation bringing together all the stakeholders of packaging value chain, including raw material producers (plastics, paper, and aluminium foil), ink, coating and adhesive suppliers, film producers and flexible packaging converters, brand owners, and waste management companies. And it brings these stakeholders together to assert the commitment of the industry to recycling and, therefore, to sustainability within European Institutions.
The submission of an application for assessment by Ecovadis, a rating platform assessing and certifying corporate social responsibility and the quality of our commitment to sustainability.
The addition of the new MDO PE Film coextrusion line, manufacturing a material substituting current non-recyclable structures of bags / sacks with another mono-material one, which is easier to recycle: Ready to Recycle. These structures are mostly for food and pet food sacks, and they involve a quantum leap in terms of innovation for sustainability.
The increase of production of a retractable film, PCR 50 Solution, manufactured from 50% recyclable material, something which is setting us apart from competitors and has allowed us to gain an AENOR certification.
The commitment to improve our performance though a Policy of Quality, Environment, Occupational Risk Prevention and Food Safety.
At Zermatt, we are sensitive to the challenges posed by the future in terms of sustainability. That is why we do our utmost to certify our activity by the most relevant institutions.”